2005 Lotus Elise

The New Daily Driver

This is a 2005 Lotus Elise that i purchased September 8th as a new daily driver. So far, everything you see to it was done by the previous owner. I will be updating this with some slight upgrades and tweaks to the new daily. 

Updated: 11/28/2018

The car was too low for daily driving, so I raised the car 8 turns front and 10 turns rear on the coilovers. Then Front turn signals and driving halos where added to the headlight assembly as there were no indicators when i bought the car.


After that, I meet up with an old friend and got some new rims to raise the car 1/2" more so it is safe on the streets. I also added the shifter strengthen kit. These cars have a bad rear toelink set up so I upgraded to the safer Inokinetic setup. The rear wing didnt have the lower brace kit installed also, so that was added.


New Rims are installed and alignment is done!


Update: 12/10/2018

Installed the HIDs last week and got them adjusted this weekend. The light output is sooo much better than stock. I can actually see what is on the road now. The kit is from Inokinetic. 

Also, changed up the center caps to match the car a little better. Lotus 53mm emblems fit pretty well within the xxr cap.


License Plates will be picked up next weekend, so i will be able to take new images of the car.

Future plans are new taillights, and hopefully a supercharger...

Thanks for looking!

Update: 4/21/2019

Finally installed some proper mirrors on the car. I bought a set of the magical racing mirrors and bolted them to the car. I did not like the original exposed bolt look, so I ordered a set of mounts. I had some issues with install them mounts, and the fit is not the greatest, but I am not redoing the mirrors for now. So they will stay until i find a better solution.

The car really needs a new clutch. The stock one is slipping already, so I ordered a new ACT xt clutch kit and light weight flywheel.

I was getting some water in the trunk area. I noticed the stock seal was not doing its job anymore, so I bought some new molding and redid the entire rear hatch area.

That's about all for now. 


Update: 5/04/2019

The car had the clutch and flywheel changed out @ Road Race Engineering. New ACT XT clutch kit and light weight flywheel is in an feels nice already! The car revs much faster now! as it should have. Can't wait to have it broken in.

Also had them run the car on the dyno for a baseline figure. It made a modest 172whp @7848rpm and 122wtq from ~7000.

Supercharger is the next install on the car... But funds are very limited at the moment. 

That's about all for now. 

Update: 5/04/2020

Haha... Its been exactly a year since I updated this... 

I removed the garbage cobra unit and and upgraded to a much better unit.

Not much as of now. I swapped the 3D printed mirror stocks out for some aluminum ones from GRP. A lot better. The mirrors do not bounce around and are firmly attached to the door. Plus, NO MORE WIND NOISE! 

Also add the nice little glove bag box from Inokinetic. Also have the elise seat harness pass through I will be adding to the car when i take the seats out to do the upgrade to the center foam section. 

I picked up the rear diffuser panel delete panel from Inokinetic while I was there so I can change up the exhaust on the car.

The car is needing rear tires soon, so i thought i would go up a notch with the rim. Trying the 17x9.75" combo with a 245 tire.

Once the front tires are finished, this rear set should be done also so i will upgrade to different rims and tires again. I have not settled on what I want yet.

That's about all for now. 


Update: 5/23/2020

Finished the New exhaust for the car. and added a few other bits...

The Exhaust was the janspeed stage 2 muffler, and it was super drone on the freeway and street. I wanted to make it more street friendly for daily driving so i got the magnaflow transverse muffler with dual outs. Its 2.5" all the way thru with some decent looking tips from ebay. everything is stainless.

Also added some powerflex engine mount inserts to help with power delivery and shifter stability. 

While i was in there, I thought it would be a good time to change the air filter. 

Spark plugs and new covers where done as well. The stock lotus cover is from MonkeyWrench Racing and the Carbon part is from GRP.

That's about all for now. 


All work and Images © by Jeff Moro. Usage and distribution is strictly prohibitive without my consent.